The Ridiculously Effective Parenting Training Course Description
Introduction, Step One
You will develop the skills to raise children who are loved, loving and responsible.
Here are the course chapters so that you can make sure the program is right for you.
FREE LESSON, CHAPTER ZERO: 1 hour, 25 minutes
How to STOP All Whining and HEAL All Wounds
- Do you want to be a real parent or control a behavior?
- Parenting is lovingandteaching, which I will be modeling for you. I will stay with you while you learn how to be an effective parent. You won't be doing this alone.
- How to implement “no whining” and how that relates to all behaviors.
- The key to parenting is YOU being loving, and YOU being consistent. Real Love defined.
- All unproductive behaviors come from the “I don’t love you” wound.
- Whining is related to all the other behaviors.
- Children continue behaviors only if they are rewarded for them.
- How you can feel loved, be loving, responsible = happiness
CHAPTER ONE: 5 hours, 35 minutes
The Need for Real Love, and Living Without It
- You don’t know how to love your children unconditionally because you were not taught how.
- Learning how to parent is the most important job in the world, and quite a journey. Let's get started.
- The most powerful and lasting experiences of life are during early childhood. That applies to you, too.
- Example of mother, Amanda, responding to two arguing children.
- You’re missing the root source of all childhood problems.
- You must interpret what children need from their behavior, not words—drowning metaphor.
- The moment we’re irritated, children hear only “I don’t love you”
- The “I don’t love you wound” causes all other problems, including Post-Childhood Stress Disorder
- You can learn to love and help your children.
- You can learn to make real choices instead of just reacting.
CHAPTER TWO: 4 hours, 30 minutes
How To Find Real Love
- You have to find love before giving it, and we can’t love ourselves.
- You were TAUGHT who you are and how the world is, and often it was wrong.
- You were loved less when you didn’t behave in ways other people didn’t like.
- You MUST find love, and learn how to receive it and love others unconditionally: (1) Original unlovable message was wrong; (2) remember times you have felt loved; (3) remember a divine love; (4) I love you; (5) find love from others.
- Where do you find love? (1) Usually not present friends; (2) rarely family; (3) never children; (4) from others.
- What are the usual reactions to truth telling? Confusion, argument, interest.
- Examples of telling the truth about yourself to other people.
- Many resources for finding love in RealLove.com and RealLoveParents.com
- Getting & Protecting Behaviors
- Example of stopping conflict with love
- Three Primary Responsibilities of a Parent
CHAPTER THREE: 4 hours, 40 minutes
How We Behave without Real Love
- It is unavoidable that your children suffer as you parent without Real Love.
- Your inability to parent with Real Love is NOT your fault.
- But it is your responsibility to change what you do now with what you learn.
- You can learn to understand the meaning of your children’s behavior, and as you see their pain, your impatience and anger transform into compassion.
- Lack of love leads to pain, which demonstrates as emptiness and fear, and then follow all the Getting and Protecting Behaviors, which combine to explain all your children’s behaviors.
- Children use Getting and Protecting Behaviors to find the Imitation Love that replaces Real Love. They MUST medicate their pain.
- Whining and anger show the relationship between pain, Getting and Protecting Behaviors, and Imitation Love.
- By finding Real Love, and changing the judgments in your life, you can eliminate the Getting and Protecting Behaviors that plague you and your children.
CHAPTER FOUR: 4 hours, 20 minutes
The Cause of All Unhappy Behaviors
- All childhood problems are rooted in pain, and then they respond predictably.
- Cutting benefits: expresses pain physically, decreases confusion, distracts, feel alive, illusion power, attention, self-blame, anger, cry help
- Relation of cutting to Getting & Protecting Behaviors, the power of understanding.
- Lack of responsibility, withdrawal/depression (responsibility related to all 7).
- Addictions to screens: phones, video games
- No love ➝ Pain ➝ Decrease pain ➝ Addiction
- Addictions to alcohol, drugs, porn
- Adult children at home
CHAPTER FIVE: 3 hours, 15 minutes
No More Anger
- You promised yourself to make your children happy, and yet you get angry at them.
- Anger = “I don’t love you” and always hurts them.
- Every time you’re angry, you’re wrong, so You Will Never Express Anger at a Child.
- You get angry at your children because you expect them to love you, which they can’t.
- No one ever makes you angry. It’s a choice you make and one you can learn not to make.
- Five Ways to Respond to Anger
- Examples of lovingandteaching your children without anger.
CHAPTER SIX: 3 hours, 30 minutes
First Truth Telling
- The reasons to tell the truth about yourself to your children.
- Example of The First Loving and Teaching, which begins to change everything.
- How to continue with loving and teaching after the First Truth Telling.
- How to change your judgments, which changes everything else.
- Examples of changing the lies you tell your children.
CHAPTER SEVEN: 8 hours, 35 minutes
LovingandTeaching, Part 1
- Loving and teaching is your JOB. It gives children the power to choose love and happiness, not react pain.
- The primary goal of family is happiness, so all behaviors interfering with that must be eliminated.
- You must stop all wounding with NO tolerance for anger, whining, teasing, lying, withdrawal.
- Many examples of how to deal with wounding behaviors.
- Practical examples of how to loveandteach a child. How to really listen.
- Teaching children who they are, and how to choose the use of their gifts.
- The effects of praise and criticism, positive feedback vs praise.
- The use of consequences, bedtime.
CHAPTER EIGHT: 7 hours
More LovingandTeaching, Part 2
- Screen addiction: its utter devastation, and how we can respond to it in children.
- Video games (same): harmful effects and how you can help your children.
- The Age of Entitlement: how it happened, effects on everything else, and treatment.
- ADHD. Over-diagnosis, characteristics are the same as response to pain; treatment without meds.
- How to love your children—what it looks like.
- Responsibility. Why your children lack it, and how to teach it.
- Addictions to alcohol, drugs, porn, early sex, and how to loveandteach children.
CHAPTER NINE: 2 hours
LovingandTeaching, Part 3
- The seduction of praise, and how it—and every other Imitation of love—fails us.
- Examples of loving, teaching, and consequences.
- How we give up on treating pain and just withdraw: depression, suicide, self-harming.
- Positive consequences
- Teaching your children how to be who they really are.
- Learning to judge yourself and your children differently.
Access to Greg
In addition to the care and atrtention you'll be getting from Greg in the resources listed below, Greg is as accommodating as his schedule will allow to help you personally as you go through the Ridiculously Effective Parenting Training. He may choose to speak to you directly, or answer your question on one of the listed resources, but you WILL get a response.
Weekly Conference Call Archives
All the weekly conference calls with Greg Baer, from 2019 through 2021 have been archived. YOU will learn from parents who have the same concerns you do as Greg answers them. Learn how to apply Real Love principles to individual situations or children. Listen to any of the recorded calls at your convenience.
Every week you will receive a video of Greg answering a question sent to him by one or more members.
Written Parenting Principles
Every week, you will receive a newsletter, with a written answer from Greg to a question or about a parentingn principle, along with updates about what’s happening and what’s being offered to support parents.
Index and Archives
All conference calls, written answers, and video answers will be INDEXED and archived, and searchable in a master index, much like is found on RealLove.com. Effectively all this material becomes an ever-increasing expansion of the library of parenting training that began with the original 45 hours of the Ridiculously Effective Parenting Training.
Parents will be taught how to form their own support groups, on Skype, Facebook, and other platforms.
You become eligible to attend live seminars, which are the natural highlight of all the Parenting training. It’s where the rubber really hits the road. Members will gather from around the world to ask all their questions, along with their “buts”: “But my child . . .” or “But then what if she . . .” You can ask questions until you really get the full picture of handling any situation.